photo 598.png

Books I Want To Read Before the New Year

By 10:00 AM ,

When the month of May came around this year, I attempted to start reading a book a month. I was missing the feel of hardcover books in my hand (versus the Kindle version). Reading the words on the pages that someone put together to make up a good 'ole novel has always been one of my favorite pastimes.  It allows me to take a step back from reality and get lost in someone else's - fiction or nonfiction. The first two books that I read were The Devil Wears Prada and The Fault In Our Stars. Over the span of July, August, and September, I have also read Clash! 8 Cultural Conflicts That Makes Us Who We Are, Ella Minnow Pea, and 50 Shades of Grey. I have not wrote a discussion on the blog for those books yet because (1) the former two were for my Sociology and AP English & Composition classes, and (2) I just finished 50 Shades this past weekend. {I am still on the fence about whether I want to write a discussion on that book on this blog. Haha. #awkward} Anyway, the whole "book a month" ordeal ended after only two months.  {Actually, I just thought about it. I have read three books over the span of three months - July through September -, so I actually have succeeded with reading a book per month! Oh wow. How did I just realize this?}

(If you want to see the original list of books that I wanted to read during 2014.) Sadly, I only read one of the suggestions off of that list!  I'm not really complaining, though because I enjoyed the books tha I read in replacement of them.  Besides, I can just push some of the books on the original into next year.

Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy by E. L. James
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
#GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
Divergent by Veronica Roth {This movie is the life of me! I dig Four so much!}

I am going to give myself enough room to make any adjustments to what I read if necessary. Hopefully I can finish these four books by the new year. I desperately want to read Divergent. That is my utmost priority! The second book that I would like to read is Mindy Kaling's book -- I've only been interested in it ever since I began watching her on The Mindy Project (so hilarious)! For #GirlBoss, everyone in the blogosphere has been talking about it, which (of course) has piqued my interest. 

Tune: Anaconda by Nicki Minaj
Anaconda by Nicki Minaj on Grooveshark
 photo sig.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments

f