photo 598.png

Dresses Perfect For You (Homecoming)

By 10:00 AM , , , ,

I wonder what age do young adults eventually get tired of acting like immature teenagers. Yes, I did just admit that us teenagers are, in fact, immature. At times. (As are some adults, so I don't really know why I am singling out us younger folks.) This inquisitiveness is coming forefront in my mind because Homecoming is quickly coming up (and that's all I can think of, duh!). Quintessentially, Homecoming is known [for some people] to be the place to drink and hook up, while others think of the uber popular dance - twerking.  Although I know the former two actually goes with age more than it does with adolescence, the latter is a shadowy concept. Of course, if you go to a typical teenage party, you will find teens upon teens grinding, making out, and doing things that are borderline inappropriate for the dance-floor, but apparently that happens in college too. (It's not like that is a lost notion upon me. It's simply me questioning when  the prematureness of nearly having "sex on the dance floor" ends.) 

Although I am a teenager myself, I personally do not enjoy going out and being decidedly inappropriate in front of tons of people. Simply having fun with friends and even dancing with others is not a big deal. (C'mon, y'all! I am still a party girl at heart!) It's when others nearby become inanely uncomfortable and no longer want to be around you [and your dance partner] that I feel the inappropriateness needs to end. Like, guys, what happened to the saying, "Go get a room?" Seriously. That needs to make a comeback.

Regardless to the conundrum, I want to talk about Homecoming itself (not the nasty teens). It's one of my favorite events to attend throughout the school year. I enjoy seeing all of the gorgeous outfits that girls come in as well as the impressive ways that guys clean up. The party itself is also great! The DJ that my school hires always knows the most popular tunes to play, which makes the party that much better. (P.S. Our school usually hires DJ GoodB.O.I., so look him up if you're in or around Detroit.)  If you are still in high school (or even college), what are your favorite parts about parties? Is it the outfits? The music? Or are you interested in the nastiness going on on the dance floor?







|one||two||three|



Tune: Lay It Down by The Rubens
Lay It Down by The Rubens on Grooveshark
 photo oivsignature.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments

f