photo 598.png

Being Incomprehensible is Okay Sometimes

By 10:00 AM , , ,

This post over at Hello Neverland is what revitalized my passion for writing again. Say hello to the newest member of 750 Words and 280daily! I'll be writing 1,030 words every day (not including my time at school) by choice. That's insane, right? It's also pretty impressive if I have to say. I mean, writing takes time and dedication. However, if it's something that you're really passionate about, then it should not be as tragic as being forced to write a 4,000 word essay in high school on a completely irrelevant topic that your English and Literature teacher randomly decided to assign. (I think we've all been there at least once in our life.) Writing that many words daily will also help me work on my grammar, sentence structure, voice, and comprehensive thoughts. (I tend to space out and lose my focus whenever I write longer pieces, which is not good.)

(source)

My first piece on 750 Words was on the subject of writing.  (It's funny how a lot of writers enjoy writing about writing.)  I wrote about how my fear of sounding stupid and unclear has been a deterrent to writing. When I really want to write, I can formulate a stellar piece.  It is times when I do not feel like thinking too hard about anything (including writing) but would still like to write that my fear becomes front and center. It's not like I type ridiculously without any punctuation or with incorrect grammar (because, hello, I'm a Grammar Nazi!). It's simply that I aim to be a perfectionist [all of the time] with my writing.  Although upon more thought, that seems to be a silly and unfeasible idea. 1// I am still learning.  2// Nobody is perfect at anything. 3//  I deserve a break. I do not have to be amazing at writing (or anything, in reality) all of the time.

After writing that post, I feel a lot better. I feel more comfortable with simply writing just to write. Sometimes writing nonsense can be a stress-reliever. It can be freeing. Most of the time people do not even catch the mistakes that I notice about my own writing. (Some people actually have lives and do not care to spend theirs on pinpointing tiny blunders.) This situation is comparable to the times that people think others are judging them, when in reality, others are not the least bit concerned with what they are doing. What we can point out about ourselves, most of the times others don't care.

All in all, I am saying that while I do [and will continue to] strive to be an exceptional writer, I am going to allow myself breaks where I can write as much or as little as I please without the pressure to be grammatically correct or have the perfect sentence structure or even make sense. Because we all deserve a chance to be incomprehensible, y'know.

Tune: Spem in Alium by Thomas Tallis
Spem in Alium by Thomas Tallis on Grooveshark
 photo sig.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments

f