photo 598.png

I Want to Sew

By 10:00 AM , , , ,

(source)

Creating this blog was the best thing that I have ever done. It has allowed me to venture into things that I have never expected to. It has helped me get out of my comfort zone. It has provided me with the opportunity to meet different people that I would not in my day-to-day life.  I have also discovered what I am passionate about - what sparks my fire - through the blogosphere, and I have felt an immense sense of comfort and support by other people who are interested in the exact same thing.  There are countless tips, how-to's, and discussion posts circulating around the blogworld about [insert topic here] that if I am confused or ready to give up, I can simply turn to one and feel that much more motivated. I mean, how else do I know how to hone my skill at being a Netflix Addict? (That is a thing, right?) Or improve upon my photography skills? 

Recently, I have started following a lot of sewing blogs. I have no idea what first sparked my interest. I just randomly stumbled upon a sewing blog, and boom! From there on out, I have been on an avid sewing streak. (I'm talking about blogs, not actually sewing because I...haha, yeah, you can fill in the blank.) Some of my favorite blogs are Bimble and Pimble, Idle Fancy, Hyer Handmade Design (an actual shop, too!), Shona Stitches (classes are available!), and Erica B.'s - D.I.Y. Style!  Those blogs are the most memorable to me because of the ladies behind them and the uniqueness and quality of each of their respective blogs. 1 // They write so that I feel as if it is really them talking. I feel as if I were to sit down and have a conversation with them, how they talk is pretty much how they write on their blog. 2 // Elizabeth from Hyer Handmade Design radiates a certain youthfulness that inspires me. Amanda from Bimble and Pimble (I really want to say Pimple - oops?) has this blissful humor about her, and that's really nice to read. Mary from Idle Fancy, well, I don't really know what it is about her blog, but I'm captivated. I feel as if it is her writing style and beautiful pictures that attract me. (I'm almost 99.9% sure that that's it.) Erica from Erica B's - D.I.Y. Style! has amazing style and skill that makes me wish that I was able to copy pretty much all of her outfits. I really like that even as she grows older, Erica refuses to let her style go. (Okay - note that I'm not calling her old! I'm just saying that she's around the same age as my mum and I find that inspiring!) I want to be like her as I continue to age. Shona from (Yep - you guessed it) Shona Stitches attracts me because of the youthfulness she radiates as well. I mean, she just made a unicorn studded top for gawsh sakes! I used to feel as if sewing were for older women, but obviously not! 

The point that I have of all of this rambling and gushing over amazing blogs is that I'm intrigued.  I've been sucked into the world of sewing, and I want to learn, learn, LEARN. For the past few weeks, I have been contemplating what in the world I am going to do. Am I going to ask my Granny to teach me how to sew? Should I take sewing classes? Should I attempt to be self-sufficient (with Youtube videos) and do it on my own? A lot of questions and little answers. This week, I want to really figure out what I am going to do because I am ready and EVER SO MOTIVATED to get this show on the road. (I have no idea why I just CAPS that. Or why I just did it again...yeah...#awkward) Do y'all people who are into sewing have any tips?

Tune: Break Free by Ariana Grande feat. Zedd
Break Free (feat. Zedd) - Ariana Grande by LouisGomez on Grooveshark
 photo oivsignature.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments

f