photo 598.png

Saturday Tunes: Eminem + Haley Reinhart

By 8:55 AM , , , ,

If you were to ask anybody who knows me (friends, family, or longtime readers of this blog) what type of music I like, they would most likely say, "Not rap." I do not want to say that I hate rap, but I most definitely do not love it. The old-school rap is the kind that I can really dig. Aside from that, the only time I listen to rap is when I am with my sister {but can we really classify high school guys tossing together "the next big hit" as rap?}. She loves trap music; I love caked up remixes. She prefers Hip-Hop and Rap in general, and y'all know that I adore Country and Alternative tunes. {Le duh.} My point is that it is and will always be rare that you'll catch me listening to rap music when I am not being forced to by someone, which in hindsight sounds horrible, but please tell me that you get my gist. 

One of the only rap artists that I can sit down and listen to alone would be Eminem. Will the real Slim Shady please stand up? His music is freaking amazing!  Some people do not like him because he is a "white boy" or because he "just sucks". That's okay because we are all entitled to our own opinion; my opinion just happens to be that his rap game is much better than a lot of the "rappers" now. {Plus, it could never hurt that he is from Detroit like me!} His most recent album The Marshall Matters LP2 (Deluxe) is the perfect evidence of Eminem's talent. The album houses sixteen songs and features artists Skylar Grey (!), Rihanna, Nate Reuss from Fun., X Ambassadors, Sia, Jamie N Commons, and Kendrick Lamar. 

1. Bad Guy
2. Parking Lot (skit)
3. Rhyme or Reason
4. So Much Better
5. Survival
6. Legacy
7. Asshole (feat. Skylar Grey)
8. Bezerk
9. Rap God
10. Brainless
11. Stronger Than I Was
12. The Monster (feat. Rihanna)
13. So Far...
14. Love Game (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
15. Headlights
16. Evil Twin
17. Baby
18. Desperation (feat. Jamie N Commons)
19. Groundhog Day
20. Beautiful Pain (feat. Sia)
21. Wicked Ways (feat. X Ambassadors)



Haley Reinhart is a twenty-three year old talented artist from Illinois. With a voice so light and pretty, yet pretty powerful, Haley is making a name for herself within the world of music. She started on American Idol (ranking #3) in 2010, and has since been signed by two labels; she is currently only with 19 Entertainment. Shortly after she left Idol, she released her album Listen Up! (Deluxe), which did not do as successfully as I believe it should have. The tunes on the album are soulful, light, and catchy. {I'm so seriously jealous of this girl's voice! Geeeez.} I've even dubbed her last tune "Let's Run Away" my future wedding song.

1. Oh My! (feat. B.o.B.)
2. Free
3. Liar
4. Wasted Tears
5. Undone
6. Now That You're Here
7. Wonderland
8. Keep Coming Back
9. Hit the Ground Runnin'
10. Walking On Heaven
11. Follow Me (I'm Right Behind You)
12. Spiderweb
13. What You Don't Know
14. Let's Run Away
Now That You’re Here by Haley Reinhart on Grooveshark Hit the Ground Runnin’ by Haley Reinhart on Grooveshark Let’s Run Away by Haley Reinhart on Grooveshark What You Don’t Know by Haley Reinhart on Grooveshark

Have a great Saturday! 
 photo sig.png

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm really not a fan of raps too! And i'll definitely try to listen to these songs! Thanks for this post!

    Xo

    Lil Miss Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should! I hope that you like them! :) And thank you very much!


    x

    ReplyDelete

f